The romper pattern I chose was the Piper Summer Romper by My Little Plumcake. I had bought three different romper patterns at the beginning of summer, and had already made the other two, so decided to give this one a try.
Overall, this pattern had the easiest directions to follow of the three rompers I made this summer (read: I didn't have to rip anything out the first time I made it!). The pattern has the option to make it a bit more polished and dressy through the liberal use of piping. However, I went the easier and quicker route of making it without piping as I didn't have any in the house and didn't feel like making any.
Of course, I had to get a little creative, and didn't follow the directions exactly. I did not care for the way the pocket was constructed, so put together my own pocket. I found a little firework to embroider on it, and I liked the look better than the pattern pocket.
I love the fit of this romper. The straps have two sets of buttonholes in order to have a little bit of growing room.
Anne had NO desire to take pictures, so I pretty much had to follow her around and hope for the best. It won't stop raining, making it too muddy to go out in the grass, so the back porch had to do. No cute smiles for mama :(
Overall, I was so pleased with this romper, I decided to make one for Anne, since we gave this one away. I found some crazy animal prints that will be great for her first visit to the zoo. I will definitely have to post some pictures of that one too!
Happy Independence Day!