Friday, January 30, 2015

Bundle Up! Pattern Testing

Bundle Up! Girl's PDF patterns came out this week.  I was chosen to test two of the patterns, both are from designers whose work I really enjoy.

First, I tested the Phresh Blazer from Winter Wear Designs.





This is a great little jacket, and is designed for stretch wovens.  I decided to make my first version from polar fleece, because I had a lot on hand, and I wanted a jacket that would have a little warmth.








There are options for a gathered sleeve, as well as a straight sleeve.  I liked the look of the gathered sleeve, and made both of my jackets with that option.  The only thing I would have changed is adding a lining.  this pattern is not lined, and I personally prefer lined jackets.  It would not be too hard to figure out how to line it on your own though.







My second jacket was made from green stretch denim.  I embroidered an awesome butterfly on it, and made a pair of Ellie Inspired Celebration Chinos to match.  I will share pics of this outfit later, I don't have any great pictures of them modeled yet ;)  They are adorable though!



The second designer I was able to test for was Ellie Inspired.  Her new pattern in the bundle is the Penny Vintage Coat and Dress.  As usual, I really enjoyed the final product.  I am in love with the look of most Ellie Inspired clothing, which is why I sew so many of her designs for Anne.


This pattern has two garments.  The coat is a fully lined, which I like.  It can be made with heaver wovens if you want a warmer jacket.  Mine is made of quilter's cotton, as I wanted a light jacket that would be perfect for cool spring mornings.







The dress is a drop waist knit dress, and is a fast sew.  It has an optional neck ruffle, but I did not like the look of the ruffle, so I left it off of mine.  I always love a bodice that is perfect for embroidery though!


















 

 
  We can't wait for spring weather to finally arrive!

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment